Vincent D’Onofrio Defends Laufey Star Deborah Ann Woll From Gooners Upset That the Game's Armor Sets Don't Show More Skin

7MMO

Moderator
vincent-donofrio-defends-deborah-ann-woll-from-gooners-1790793512989.jpg

Emmy-nominated actor Vincent D’Onofrio has somehow found himself at war with a self-proclaimed ‘gooner’ over Deborah Ann Woll’s appearance in God of War Laufey.

The next game in the God of War series is fast approaching, this time following the adventures of Laufey, Kratos’ second wife and Loki’s mother in Norse mythology.

Given the current state of social media, it’s almost unsurprising that this fact alone has riled up the online rage machine — but it seems the controversy has grown so loud that other A-List actors are taking notice.


More recently, the conversation has shifted from Deborah Ann Woll’s in-game appearance as Laufey to her special armor sets within the upcoming game. As told by a Twitter/X user who goes by the name ‘Geralt of Goonia,' Sony’s Santa Monica Studio “would rather go bankrupt than give you an ounce of female attractiveness,” specifically when it comes to how much skin these armor sets cover.

Unexpectedly, Vincent D’Onofrio — who acted alongside Woll in Netflix and Marvel’s Daredevil series — chimed into the conversation to defend his co-star and proclaim his excitement to play the game alongside his son when it releases this coming February.

“Not that you asked, but… In no way do I agree with you,” he wrote. “Deborah is beautiful and extremely talented. She is as smart as a whip and a complete nerd. Also incredibly kind. How perfect she is! And a good friend. I am a fan of God of War. I, for one, cannot wait to play the new game with my son.”

Not that you asked, but...
In no way do i agree with you.
Deborah is beautiful and extremely talented. She is as smart as whip and a complete nerd.
Also incredibly kind.
How perfect she is!
And a good friend.

I am a fan of God of War. I for one cannot wait to play the new…

— Vincent D'Onofrio (@vincentdonofrio) September 30, 2026

Despite getting owned by Kingpin himself, Geralt of Goonia continued his tirade, leading to no end of humorous responses and memes from players defending Laufey and agreeing with D’Onofrio’s excitement about playing the game.

Laufey has been at the center of a few discussions between notable folks in the gaming and entertainment space lately; the original creator of God of War, David Jaffe, called the game “stupid” during a recent live stream, and accused its creative director, Ariel Lawrence, of having a “lack of passion” for the title itself. (He later clarified these remarks in a tweet and defended Lawrence from the ensuing harassment campaign that started against her as a result of his comments.)

Prior to that, The Last of Us director Bruce Straley used Laufey as an example of AAA games that failed to “excite” him, though he similarly clarified this statement and apologized for bringing "uninvited and unnecessary negative attention” to the title.


Woll, for her part, hasn’t let the negativity get her down. Speaking with a fan at Florida Supercon in July, she said she’s confident that Laufey is a fantastic game, which has, at least in part, helped her avoid being affected by the backlash from trolls online.

"Genuinely, I thought I was going to be much more offended by it, but one, I'm not on social media, so that helps, and two, I don't know, I feel totally unbothered," Woll said. "Because I just know it's great. It's okay if it's not your cup of tea, but in no universe is it bad,” she said.

God of War Laufey releases on 16, 2027 exclusively on PlayStation 5.

Image Credit: Jason Mendez/Getty Images for Disney

Continue reading...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
6,136
Messages
6,136
Members
5
Latest member
lotterysambad
Back
Top