The magic, wireless-charging gaming headset I use every day has a pre-Prime Day discount already

7MMO

Moderator




Scape | 40 mm drivers | 40-hour battery life: was $199.99 now $169.99
With a magnetic charging stand, a comfortable fit, and lush sound, the Fractal Design Scape earns its hefty MSRP. It's let down a little by a lack of noise cancelling and an average microphone, but it's a gorgeous set of cans. Oh, and pretty much the most convenient headset I've ever used. There's that, too.

Key specs: 40 mm drivers | 20 - 20,000 Hz | Closed-back | Wireless | 40-hour battery lifeView Deal


I'm wearing the Fractal Design Scape right now. In fact, I use it every single day for work, gaming, music listening, and anything else you might use a wireless gaming headset for.

There are many reasons for this, chief among them being its magnetic wireless charging stand. Place this little pill-shaped doohickie on your desk, put the headset somewhere near its ovoid magnetic rests, and they gently pull the cans into place for a top-up.

That might sound like a small thing. But the sheer convenience of having an excellent headset waiting for me, charged and ready to go at all times, makes a massive difference to my PC-using life. And while the Scape is still pretty pricey (even when it's down to $170 at Amazon, pre-Prime Day), I think it's worth every penny.


Beyond the convenience of the charging stand, the Scape is a comfortable, beautifully well-designed bit of kit. It's even got a subtle bit of RGB lighting, which emits from the area between the earcups and the frame.

And the sound? Well, it's delightful. The Scape comes with a neutral EQ out of the box, but it can be easily adjusted within the software to provide some serious punch. The bass capabilities are very impressive, with a bit of a tweak. As is the well-defined midrange, and the sparkly treble at the top end.

The Fractal Design Scape gaming headset with its RGB lighting on

Future
The Fractal Design Scape gaming headset atop its stand, on a desk

Future
The Fractal Design Scape gaming headset on a white gravel background

Future
The charging stand of the Fractal Design Scape

Future
The Fractal Design Scape atop its charging stand

Future
The left earpad of the Fractal Design Scape gaming headset

Future
The left earcup controls of the Fractal Design Scape gaming headset

Future

Audiophile? Not quite. But I enjoy its 40 mm neodymium drivers very much, and my goodness do they like to warm up once you've messed around with the presets.

My only real critique of the Scape is its microphone, which is pretty average when it comes to audio quality. However, it is both flip-to-mute and removable, which makes it darn handy—especially for using the secondary Bluetooth connection on the go. Oh, and I'd really like some noise cancelling for this sort of cash, which strikes as a bit of an omission.

But otherwise? The Scape is one of the best things on my desk. And while I wouldn't blame you for baulking at the price, even with a decent discount, this is a headset I would snap up again in an instant. Can't say fairer than that, right?

👉Shop all of Amazon's gaming headset deals here👈​


Continue reading...
 
Back
Top