Script: Tidy Mart Review

7MMO

Moderator
Key provided by dev.


Playing Tidy Mart was a very positive experience for me. On one hand, I now know what my Sisyphean punishment in the afterlife will be. On the other hand I’m glad I read reviews and the forums before diving completely into level five because apparently the game’s still a little broken.

Tidy Mart is a genre you should be well familiar with by now if you follow this channel. The game spans five increasingly sized levels up to the big finale in level five where the game throws you at over fourteen thousand items in a single level and says good luck.

20260928125013_1.jpg


Compared to other games in the genre, Tidy Mart is ridiculously slow. I’ve talked about other games where the game gives you too many powers too quickly, and if you wanted a game that forces you to individually place items without automatic sorting or picking up, this is the game for you.

Which is why I’ll probably never finish Tidy Mart. Rather than be too fast or too slow with its upgrades, Tidy Mart tells the whole system to take a hike and just never implements it ever. You can crouch, stand up tall, detect other similar items to what you’re holding, and another powerup I never unlocked and I don’t know why.

20260928124957_1.jpg


And that’s my big problem with Tidy Mart. There’s no progression, no experience system, no levels, no real unlocks. Your carry capacity starts out ridiculously small and never gets any bigger as you play. And when I say ridiculously small I mean being able to hold 1 to four of a single item at a time.

My other problem with Tidy Mart is that the game is a little jank. The developers have had a bit of trouble since release with stuff not sizing properly when it gets shelved, and the game ultimately thinking there’s not enough space for items even though there absolutely should be. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future update.

20260928083619_1.jpg


Should you play Tidy Mart? Eh. In the world of what should be relatively formulaic it feels like Tidy Mart cuts corners for one reason or another. A meaningful progression system would make the fourteen thousand items on level 5 much more appetizing, even a simple ability to upgrade your basket would make the game infinitely better to play.

On the other hand, I realize there’s a miserable too miserable even for my tidy up addiction.

Continue reading...
 
Back
Top