Motion blur vs film grain - which is worse?

7MMO

Moderator
Which graphical effect will be crowned the worst in games? We've tallied up around 4,000 votes from the first round, and we've landed on the four heading into the semis:

  • Vignette
  • Chromatic aberration
  • Motion blur
  • Film grain

From these four, only two can head into the final. Even as I write this, I have a pretty good idea of one of those. I'd wager money on it. But which other will make it into the final reckoning?

That's up to you. Get your votes in below, then check back in a couple of days for the final. The eyes of the world are watching.

Examples​

Motion blur​


You'll have to take my word for it that both of these screenshots were taken as I aimed swiftly to the side in Hunt: Showdown. The difference is day and night.

After
Before

Brand Logo

on
off





PC Gamer Logo

Film grain​


I don't really care for film grain, yet it was the effect I had the most trouble tracking down. In all the games I tested, it was never as bad as I remembered it to be. Anyways, here it is in Phasmophobia. It's sorta visible at the top of the frame.

After
Before

Brand Logo

on
Image 2





PC Gamer Logo


Continue reading...
 
Back
Top