7MMO
Moderator
Time’s running out on Amazon Big Deal Days. It ends at midnight Pacific Time, so we’re nearing last call to save on LEGO sets, among other things. If you’re a Star Wars fan, you may want to pick up LEGO Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Battle Droid with STAP, on sale for a whopping 40% off at Amazon, bringing the price down to $83.99 (from the normal $140). That’s a great deal for fans of George Lucas’s prequel trilogy.
LEGO Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Battle Droid with STAP Is 40% Off
The only catch is that you need to be a Prime member to take advantage of the deal. You can sign up here, either for a free trial if you’re new, or for about $15 for one month.
This is a great deal (it matches the all-time low price) on a terrific set for fans of Battle Droids. I count myself among them, even if I have a few qualms with the prequel trilogy films. The droids look awesome, though, and I love their little robotic voices. I even feel bad for them when they get steamrolled by our Force-wielding heroes.
I built this set and wrote about it, so you can check that out for a deep dive on how it all comes together. Spoilers: I liked it a lot. It’s bigger than I expected, which is always a welcome surprise when it comes to LEGO. It looks great just sitting on the shelf with its placard. In fact, it's one of my favorite LEGO Star Wars sets that I own.
Save Up to 40% on More LEGO Star Wars Sets
Whenever I write about LEGO, someone in the comments always complains about the price. Which — fair enough. LEGO sets aren’t cheap to begin with, thanks in part to the precision required to shape each small piece so it perfectly interlocks with every other piece. Add to that licensing in many cases, plus tariffs and rising fuel costs lately, and you’re looking at high prices, with no two ways about it.
That’s why a sale like this is so appealing. While we normally see sales dropping LEGO prices around 20%, the sales running now are offering much steeper discounts on a number of sets. But if you’re thinking of buying it, do it soon. We’re heading toward the end of Amazon’s sale today, so it’s time to grab the items you want before it’s all over.
The 10 Best Prime Day Deals So Far
- LEGO Icons Project Hail Mary for $69.99 (was $100)
- Apple AirPods Pro 3 for $179 (was $249)
- 4 Months of Audible for $0.99/mo Plus $20 in Audible Credit
- Pragmata for Switch 2 for $39.99 (was $60)
- LEGO Super Mario World: Mario and Yoshi for $89.99 (was $130)
- Amazon 3-for-$33 4K UHD Blu-ray Movie Sale
- 2026 Apple MacBook Air with M5 Chip for $1,099 (was $1,299)
- Splendor Board Game for $23.99 (was $40)
- SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless Gaming Headset for $237 (was $350)
- 65" Roku 4K OLED TV for $799.99 (was $1,200)
Continue reading...