Google's golden age of AI games?

7MMO

Moderator
An AI-generated image of a crowd of people praying to a golden controller. The people's faces contain strange AI distortions.


(Image credit: Google)

This morning, I happened across an article recently published by Google which is supposed to convince us that "AI is unlocking a new golden age of games." I understand why Google would use an AI-generated image in an article about how great AI is, but I've got to wonder why it chose the one above: A bunch of people with messed up faces (zoom in for surprises!) worshipping a golden controller as if it were God.

It's both trying too hard and not trying nearly hard enough. Consider me unconvinced about that golden age.

That article, which is from August, was linked in a new post from Google about a project from author Neal Stephenson and designer Karen Laur that's "using AI to bring Jane Austen to Fortnite." I hear the kids are absolutely rioting with excitement.

Continue reading...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
7,116
Messages
7,116
Members
5
Latest member
lotterysambad
Back
Top