The Fast & Furious saga’s leading man Vin Diesel has revealed that Fast & Furious 11 – officially known as Fast Forever – will begin shooting this December.
“We start shooting in December, if I can make good on the request from the studio,” Diesel told Variety ahead of a 25th anniversary screening of 2001’s The Fast and the Furious. “I’m in a good place, though. I’ve had to go through four sets of writers, four years of development, to get to something that I felt would be worthy of a finale.”
Diesel shared further details inside the screening itself, noting that after he read the complete script they had “worked so hard to make right,” he was crying.
“I couldn’t hold it back, and I had to tell everyone,” said Diesel. “And my sister said, ‘No more crying, bro.’ So I just want to say that sometimes, even the toughest guys in the world need to cry.”
While a video message from Vin Diesel published in July in costume as Dominic Torreto – and standing in front of the character’s iconic black 1970 Dodge Charger R/T – appeared to suggest production was already officially underway on Fast Forever, it later came to pass that the shoot was related to a World Cup promo that aired in the US during the US vs. Belgium game.
Fast Forever, the long-delayed and supposedly final chapter in the Fast & Furious film saga, is scheduled to hit cinemas on Friday, March 17, 2028. The release date and final title was announced by Universal earlier this year. However, little other information is actually known about the project, which still has no confirmed complete cast yet.
Luke is a Senior Editor on the IGN reviews team. You can track him down on Bluesky @mrlukereilly to ask him things about stuff.
Continue reading...